Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Women, It's Our Turn!

I am a woman. And while I do not spend my days consistently thinking consciously that I am one, I am. And there are times, though, that a statement made by someone, perhaps in jest, or an incident happens or simply noticing a beautiful new bloom on my mother's hibiscus plant brings home that beautiful fact of my life....I am a woman.

This morning my friend Becky sent me Cosmopolitan Philippines' online issue which had a four-page exclusive interview with Nick Perlas. As I read their exchange, and perhaps only other women would understand this, I could actually see & feel the women asking Nick the questions and listening deeply for his responses. As each question and thoughtful response was laid out, I had one of those moments when the fact of me being a woman was brought home to me. I am a woman. With interests, curiosities, cares and concerns very near and dear -- and present! -- to a woman.

It made me realize how important it is that we women truly go in search of the candidate who not only knows and respects women, but also, as a man sharing this life and world with women, truly gets the difference of being women. The type of difference that does & will make a difference in our world.

Nick gets it. Read the interview to know in what ways he does, and then, go share it with your girrrrlfriends!

Women, like Nick, YOU can take a stand for women & make the difference in our world. Begin with your choice for prez in 2010.

Thanks, Cosmo! http://tinyurl.com/ydl5lfr

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want to hear from you.